mail: henry at landscapelabs.nl
Portfolio: click here!
Publications: click here!
Reviews: click here!
I am theatremaker, director and visual artist as well as builder and initiator of artist-in-residencies. From 2004 until 2014 I was a core member of the theatregroup PeerGrouP. I am trained (MA) in theatre practices and have a background in environmental science (BSc). I am an artist with a network of national and international artists, scholars, writers and organisations.
Currently I am working on exhibitions and performances. And run this platform for people and landscape called Landscape Labs.
International working experience:
Russia, Denmark, Wales, California, Poland, Czech Rep., Germany, Romania, Sweden, France, Belgium.
Statement: “I have a keen eye for conventions, which I love to shake up, not to break down but strenghtening by doing so.”
I think every project should also be a school, a library and a workshop. And I treat every site as a crime-scene, excavation and a theatre.
Working experience (selection):
- THE FUTURE HAS A PAST (artist), St Fagans National Museum of History, (Cardiff, UK, 2019-2022)
- The Chapel (as performer), NNTtwee, Club Guy & Roni, Noorderzon Festival , (Groningen, NL 2019)
- Pastor Perk outside the beds (artist), Going Nomad, Zone2Source, (Amsterdam, NL, 2018 )
- IMPAKT Don’t follow the wind, conference on transdisciplinarity, Essen (D), 2017
Advisor/ facilitator/producer, This is now (project by Jantine Wijnja), 2016-2020, Landscape Labs i.c.w. Wintertuin, Netherlands
- Artist, initiator and executive producer, 2004-2014, PeerGrouP
- Curator/initiator, P.A.I.R Residence, 2009-14, Netherlands, pdf: http://issuu.com/landscapelabs/docs/pair_2013_interactive_yeah/1?e=16981772/12921150
- Performer, Cold War: a performance project, 2012, Wende Museum, Los Angeles (USA)
- Site specific specialist, artistic and executive producer, Rrrriot, 2012, National Theatre Wales, Rhayader (UK)