Henry J. Alles
phone: 00 31 (0)6-23185923
I am theatremaker, director and visual artist as well as builder and initiator of artist-in-residencies. From 2004 until 2014 I was a core member of the theatregroup PeerGrouP. I am trained as environmental engineer but became an artist with a network of national and international artists, scientists, writers and organisations.
Currently I am doing a master of theatre practices at Artez, university for the arts in Arnhem (NL). And run this platform for people and landscape called Landscape Labs.
International working experience:
Russia, Denmark, UK, USA, Poland, Czech Rep., Germany, Romenia, Sweden and Belgium.
Statement: “I have a keen eye for conventions, which I love to shake up, not to break down but strenghten by doing so.”
I think every project should also be a school, a library and a workshop. People and stories is what I like!
Working experience (selection):
IMPAKT Don’t follow the wind, conference on transdisciplinarity, Essen (D), 2017
Advisor/ facilitator/producer, This is now (project by Jantine Wijnja), 2016, Landscape Labs i.c.w. Wintertuin, Netherlands
- Artistic and executive producer, Once upon a Time in het Veen, 2014, PeerGrouP
- Curator/initiator, P.A.I.R Residence, 2009-14, Netherlands, pdf: http://issuu.com/landscapelabs/docs/pair_2013_interactive_yeah/1?e=16981772/12921150
- Director and scenography, diner theatre show The Round Table, 2008-13, several festivals (ICAF, Springtij, Simmerdeis), Netherlands
- Performer, Cold War: a performance project, 2012, Wende Museum, Los Angeles (USA)
- Site specific specialist, artistic and executive producer, Rrrriot, 2012, National Theatre Wales, Rhayader (UK)
- Artistic head of landart-project Ministerie van Turen, 2007, Veenhuizen